Why Cookies are important
Cookies help make your online experience more efficient and relevant to your interests. For instance, they are used to remember your preferences on sites you visit often, to remember your user ID and the contents of your shopping baskets, and to help you navigate between pages more efficiently.
Please read below for more detail.
What is a Cookie?
Other technologies linked to Cookies
What types of Cookies and other technologies does The China Academy use and why?
How can I delete or opt out of Cookies?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small file, or files on your computer, phone, or other device with a browser to save snippets of text for reference by the website you are visiting.
All Cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser:
Session Cookies - these are temporary Cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser.
Persistent Cookies - these usually have an expiration date and so stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so that we can improve the site for our customers.
We've included more details below to help you understand what kinds of Cookies and other technologies we use.
What types of Cookies does The China Academy use and why?
Cookies are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential - these are Cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites.
- Functional - these remember your preferences, and are intended to make your experience on our websites better for you.
- Analytics – these Cookies are used for performance measurement to understand things including how many people visit our websites, how they navigate our sites, and what content is popular. This allows us to improve your experience with us.
- Advertising - these Cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve you with relevant advertisements that we think will interest you (often called behavioural advertising). These Cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with, and may also be used to manage the number of times that you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us, or by advertising partners with our permission.
- Marketing - these Cookies enable us to track your online activity to help us deliver The China Academy advertising and to limit how many times you see these adverts.
To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party Cookies to trusted partners of The China Academy.
We may use Google Analytics to understand the traffic to our sites. You can see how Google Analytics (one of our analytics tools) uses Cookie information when you use our partners' sites by visiting www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, or any other URL Google may provide from Time-to-time.
Changes to this Policy